Asian Hawaiian appetizer recipe! Easy and delicious.
Yield: As many as you make!
- Pineapple chunks
- Whole water chestnuts
- Extra firm tofu, pressed (wrap in lint free cloth and place something heavy on top of it for 30 minutes.) then slice into small cubes.
- 1/3 c soysauce
- 2 T sherry
- 2 T br sugar
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/8 t pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke
- Plain round wooden toothpicks.
- Mix together all the marinade ingredients in a bowl.
- Marinate 30 minutes.
- Arrange one of each, pineapple, tofu and water chestnut on toothpick.
- Then broil or grill until heated and very slightly charred, around 5 minutes
- Easy to double or triple..
- A piece of vegi bacon goes really well with this too but isn't necessary...
- You can put them on a toothpick before you marinate them.
Want to help keep Veganwolf up and running? 100% of Donations help maintain this site, and go only for promoting a vegan way of life.
(Clicking on Google Ads and Gourmet Ads also helps...)
Have a great day!