Homemade flatbread or crackers recipe
Homemade flatbreads and crackers.
- 4 cups flour
- 2 t salt
- 1-2 T sugar
- 1 T baking powder
- 1 C water
- 1/4 C oil
- Mix Dry ingredients
- Add Water and oil and knead 5 minutes.
- Let dough rest 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle a little cornmeal on the counter.
- Roll dough flat over cornmeal, about 1/4th inch thick.
- Poppy Seeds
- Sesame seeds
- Minced Onions
- Minced Garlic
- Rice Seasoning shakers ( Poppy seed, sugar, salt ,Seaweed) (oriental section)
- Sprinkle toppings generously over flattened dough
- Roll over toppings pressing them firmly into dough as you roll, flattening a little more.
- Slice into desired shapes and sizes: 4 x 1 sticks with a pizza cutter, or rounds or cookie cutter shapes, or pizza size.
- Place on greased sheet and bake in 425 oven for 12-15 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Very fancy yet easy to make. Great snack or for Parties
- For a traditional pizza dough: Cut sugar to 1 teaspoon. Bake as directed, then top with pre cooked toppings, like onions and mushrooms, and top that with vegan cheese of desired. Place pizza in center of oven directly on rack Broil until toppings are heated as desired.
Want to help keep Veganwolf up and running? 100% of Donations help maintain this site, and go only for promoting a vegan way of life.
(Clicking on Google Ads and Gourmet Ads also helps...)
Have a great day!