Veganwolf.com Recipe Collection
Vegan potato side dish Recipes
Common Potato side dish IDEAS:
- Microwaved (Poke with fork. Cook about 5 min/ potato, until gently squishes
- Hash browns
- White sauce
TIPS: Adjust seasonings and oils to taste of course...
Oven times can change due to the size of potatoes...
- Thin slices in greased casserole
- soymilk to ¾ way
- dot w/ butter
- 350 1 hour
Herb roasted potatoes
- 1 ½ # potatoes
- 2 T oil
- ¾ t salt
- ½ t thyme
- ¼ t pepper
- 450 20-25 stirring
- Cut potato into thin sticks
- Melt: 1 T Vegan margarine per potato.
- Toss margarine with potatoes
- Bake 425 30-40 min, Stir a couple times during baking.
Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Boil 4 large potatoes , cubed,
- w/ 5 whole cloves garlic until soft.
- Heat 1/2 C soy milk (USE ONLY SOYMILK WITH SOYBEANS AND WATER ON THE LABEL!!)
- plus 1 minced garlic clove.
- Add to potatoes.
- plus 1/3 c olive oil
- add salt and pepper to taste.
- Roasted Garlic Mashed Potatoes
- Roast 1 head garlic ahead of time and squeeze into prepared mashed potatoes...
Homemade Frozen French fries
- Slice potatoes and soak in cold water 20 minutes
- Dry completely
- Cook potatoes until just done.
- cool freeze
- fry once at 325 til barely changing color:
- Fry again at 375 until golden.
- or bake 350 10 min
Homemade Shoestring potatoes
- Cut russet potatoes into 1/8"thin julienne strips.
- Deep fry at 375 until golden brown
- Sprinkle with salt
Basic Baked Potato
- Use Russet Potatoes
- Wash and poke holes around it with a fork.
- Rub with oil and sprinkle with salt
- Bake 350 for about an hour.
- Boil /mash 4 cubed potatoes
- 4 T vegan margarine
- ½ c soy milk. (Plain only soybeans and water on label!)
- ¾ t salt
- ¼ t pepper
- You might need to add more or less milk and oil, depending
- Adjust seasonings to taste of course...
- Add parsley for color...
- Add nutritional yeast for richer flavor
- Blend in some finely chopped sundried tomatoes in oil, and 1 T of the oil for a different taste
- 2 T olive oil
- 1 onion slice into thin rings
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/4 t cayenne
- s & p
- Cook very slow, in heavy pan on stove... about an hour
- Top a baked potato, or mashed potatoes, or any cooked potatoes, or vegetable or ??
- 6 potatoes sliced
- 1 pkg vegan onion soup mix
- ¼ c vegan margerine
- Place in greased casserole dish
- 375 20 min
- Slice potatoes in half
- sprinkle w/nutritional yeast
- garlic powder and salt
- flat side down in:
- drizzle with ½ c vegan margarine
- Bake until done, 350 about 30 min.
- 10 thin slices bread crumbled
- ½ chopped onion
- 1 t celery salt
- 1 t sage
- 2 T parsley
- 8 T vegan margarine, melted
- 1 c soymilk
- 1 ½ c premade/leftover mashed potatoes
- Icecream scoop balls in greased baking dish
- drizzle with a little more margarine
- Bake 375 20 min
- cook potaoes til almost done