Vegan Appetizer ideas
From: Vegan Wolf
- Vegetable plate and dips
- Chips and dips... potato chips, tortilla chips, most are vegan.
- Polenta Bite w/ sauted mushrooms
- Lettuce cup with a chicken like salad
- Vegan Nachos
- Skewers with marinated vegis and tofu chunks (Italian dressing works great for marinade.
- Crostini (Thinly sliced toasted French bread) or flatbread, or bread sticks, with olive tapenade or a bean spread, hummus, dipping oil)
- Spread topping on a tortilla (colored/flavored ones work great for a party) then roll up and slice about an inch thick.
- Stuff Pita breads..
- halve pita breads, brush with oil and bake 15 minutes for cracker like pitas.
- Pita crackers are great with dips or vegan cream cheese and pepper jelly
- Bowls of nuts
- Cold soup in small glasses
- Small roasted potatoes
- Vegan Meat balls with toothpicks.
- Vegan Meat balls in bbq sauce, or similar.
- Cucumber slices with hummus
- Small vegan eggrolls and dips
- Simple Sushi: Seaweed sheets, white rice. Roll up and slice an inch thick, serve with vegan wasabi sauce, and or soy sauce and/or yellow mustard powder mixed with a tiny bit of water
- Toasted English muffins sprinkled with Nutritional yeast, poppy seeds, garlic salt, broil briefly
- Stuffed mushrooms
- Marinated Tofu cubes
- Pastry roll ups, mini turnovers, small tarts
- Fried tofu, serve with dips, or roll in seasoned nutritional yeast.
- Fried breaded seitan with dips
Almost anything can be an appetizer. Just cut the size down, and make it one bite size.
- vegan ribs
- Try new vegis for dippers: Jicama sticks, fennel slices, blanched green beans, plus carrot, celery, cherry tomatoes, cucumber etc...
- Cooked Edemame with vegan margarine and course salt.
- Merinated mushrooms, pickles, olives..
- Merinated vegis and tofu
- Whole cooked Artichoke and dip
- Fancy bread sandwiches : alternate dark bread slices, spread with hummus or other spread, then white bread slice with spread etc… slice thin, reassemble
- Pinwheel sandwiches: gently flatten a slice of bread with rolling pin. Spread with topping and roll up, secure with toothpick.
Want to help keep Veganwolf up and running? 100% of Donations help maintain this site, and go only for promoting a vegan way of life.
(Clicking on Google Ads and Gourmet Ads also helps...)
Have a great day!